Saturday 17 April 2010

goodbye grandpa


It’s always sad losing someone you love. I got a message from my dad telling me that my grandpa died at 11.30pm, well, he tried calling but i was asleep at the time so he left a message and it was the first message i got when I got up in the morning, least to say that it was the beginning of an awful day. We weren’t particularly close, what with me being all the way in the Uk, with school and all: even when I was home, we lived in different states but he was an amazing man who lived a full life, and essentially, he is where I came from. The kind of strength he possessed, and the way he lived his life was an amazing inspiration to us all until the disease of age caught up with him. He lost the ability to do anything for himself but we all remembered him for the warrior he was, and the strength he had for protecting his family. It was heartbreaking not to able to be there to say goodbye but I took solace knowing that he was surrounded by friends and family that loved him and I’m sure he knew I did too.
I believe in God for so many reasons and one of them is that we live in a world that has so much pain and hurt, I’d like to believe that there is something else out there that makes the suffering have some sorta meaning.
People who are atheists, I always wonder what their motivation is for doing good, how they find the strength to go on after a tragedy when they believe that after death, there is nothing further. I do believe that there is a heaven and hell, and I’m certain for the life he lead that grandpa would be in heaven smiling down on us.
We all live our lives like there’s no tomorrow, not believing that our lives are not ours and can sooner be taken away. So if I’ve learnt anything from the hurt of losing someone   I love is to live life to the fullest and to make the most of all things in life. So that’s exactly what I’m going to do, live just like Grandpa D did, and try not to take things for granted. So adieu oh my beloved, I hope to see you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment